AV500 Gigabit Powerline Adapter Starter Kit
What This Product Does
TP-LINK 500Mbps Gigabit Powerline Adapter TL-PA511 turns your existing powerline into a high speed network with no need for new wires or drilling. The twin pack design of TL-PA511KIT helps establish a powerline network initially. No configuration is required, simply plug your adapters into your power sockets and you can establish networking infrastructure in a flash. With a speed of up to 500Mbps, TL-PA511 transmits multiple HD streams and even 3D movies to every room, making it a great choice for an easy to build multimedia entertainment network.
Up to 500Mbps, 300 Meters
With advanced HomePlug AV technology, TL-PA511 provides users with stable, high-speed data transfer rates of up to 500Mbps on a line length of up to 300 meters. Together with its built-in Qos and powerful AES encryption, the TL-PA511 is a great choice for a whole home solution to connect all network compatible devices--from computers and game consoles to set-top boxes for IPTV to printers and NAS hard drives.
Multiple HD Streams
Up to 500Mbps powerline speed and Gigabit Ethernet speed, ensures the smooth multiple HD streams transmission.
Reduce Power Consumption Up to 85%
The TL-PA511, a new-generation Powerline Adapter, with its practical design and sophisticated Power-Saving Mode consumes less power when compared with existing Powerline Adapters. When there is no data transmission or reception occurs over a certain period of time, it will automatically switch from its regular "Working" Mode to "Power-Saving" Mode that will reduce its energy consumption by up to 85%.
Pair Button for Easy Network Security
Simply by pushing the Pair button on the adapters, users can set up a hassle-free Powerline network within minutes, complete with 128-bit AES encryption for network security and data protection.
It's that simple!
- Plug the adapter into the power outlet.
- Connect the device via the network cable to the adapter.
- Press the encryption buttons—and you're done!
Support QoS for Advanced Multiple-media Optimization
Quality of Service (QoS) function prioritizes the bandwidth requirements of data traffic. Users can choose which type of traffic they will use -- Internet, Online Game, and Audio or Video, Voice over IP, and the QoS functions will guarantee clear, instant reproduction of that application, even when other applications are running on the network at the same time.
- HomePlug AV standard compliant, high-speed data transfer rates of up to 500Mbps;
- Twin Pack design helps establish a basic powerline network;
- No new wires, Easy Plug and Play operation, No configuration required;
- Patented Power-Saving Mode automatically reduces power consumption by up to 85%.
- HomePlug AV standard compliant, high-speed data transfer rate of up to 500Mbps, ideal for HD video or 3D video streaming and online gaming;
- Mains Filter for better powerline communication performance;
- No new wires, use existing electrical wiring;
- Up to 300 meter range over a home's electrical circuit for better performance through walls or across floors;
- Plug and Play, no new wires or configuration required;
- Patented Power-Saving Mode automatically reduces power consumption by up to 85%;
- 128-bit AES encryption ensures that the network is safe simply by pressing a button on paired devices;
- Built-in QoS assures the quality of bandwidth sensitive applications such as voice, video and online games;
- Supports IGMP managed multicast IP transmission, optimizes IPTV streaming.
|Ports & interfaces|
|Ethernet LAN (RJ-45) ports quantity
|Data transfer rate (max)
|Supported data transfer rates
|Ethernet LAN connection
||IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3ab, IEEE 802.3u
||1024-QAM, 16-QAM, 256-QAM, 64-QAM, 8-QAM, BPSK, OFDM, QPSK
|Maximum operating distance
|Copper ethernet cabling technology
||1000BASE-T, 1000BASE-TX, 100BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 10BASE-T
|Wireless LAN features|
|Wireless LAN connection
|Colour of product
|Compliance industry standards
||IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u, IEEE 802.3ab
|Plug and Play
|Power consumption (typical)
|Windows operating systems supported
|Mac operating systems supported
|Linux operating systems supported
|Weight & dimensions|
||LAN, Power, Y
|Security algorithms supported
|Operating temperature range (T-T)
||0 - 40 °C
|Storage temperature range (T-T)
||-40 - 70 °C
|Operating relative humidity range
||10 - 90 %
|Storage relative humidity range
||5 - 90 %
|Quick start guide
||58 x 40 x 105 mm
|Compatible operating systems